June 10, 2011

Organizing Digital Files for a Blog



Somehow when I start a project on the computer, I get a sudden case of amnesia about how to organize my files. 
Does this ever happen to you? I thought—maybe I should come up with a laundry list that will help me in the 
future when I get that sudden case of “organizational amnesia.”

Here’s one way to organize your files:

BLOG (FOLDER):
A) Photoshop (FOLDER)
          1) Current files (Examples: Image.psd, Image_Tall.psd, Image_XTall.psd)
          2) Working (FOLDER) I put the old versions here.
B) Illustrator 
         1) Current files
         2) Working (FOLDER)
C) Image (FOLDER)
          1) Scans (FOLDER) Could divide up further: watercolor folder, drawing folder, collage folder, etc.
          2) Photos (FOLDER)
D) Text (FOLDER)
          1) Current files
          2) Working (FOLDER)
E) Ads (FOLDER)
          1) Current files
          2) Working (FOLDER)
          3) Final Art (FOLDER) Contains all of the final art jpg, png and text
F) Posts (FOLDER)
          1) Month_Day_Year (FOLDER)
          2) 06_10_11 (FOLDER) Contains all of the final art jpg, png and text
G) Archive (FOLDER)
            1) 2010 (FOLDER)
         2) 2009 (FOLDER)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!